I was nominated for another award in the wonderful blogging community… the Versatile Blogger Award! Many thanks to Caitlyn for nominating me! (Also, be sure to check out her cool blog at Sliding into First!)
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person that gave you the award and link back to them.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they received it.
So… here are 7 random things about me: J
1. I’m tall and I have big feet. I’m 5’10” and wear size 10 shoes to be exact.
2. My favorite color is blue. This includes any variation of blue… navy blue, royal blue, sky blue, teal blue, turquoise blue, ocean water blue, etc. I love them all!
3. I am a health nut and I have a sweet tooth. This is a weird combination, but I try to make it work. Usually the sweet tooth wins me over. My weakness is ice cream - I *love* ice cream! My favorites include: dark chocolate ice cream with gummy bears or raspberries and blackberries, mint chocolate chip ice cream with strawberries (weird, I know – but I love it!), and banana splits with pineapple, chocolate, and strawberry toppings and peanuts (hold the whipped cream and the cherry on top).
4. I don’t watch a lot of tv, but I do have a few favorite shows that I refuse to miss. My all-time favorite tv show is Grey’s Anatomy. I started watching it in college and now own every season. I am officially a Grey’s junkie. My other favorite tv show would have to be Private Practice, a spinoff of Grey’s Anatomy. Both shows are highly addicting with a good mixture of love, friendship, and medical drama. If you don’t watch them already, watch one episode and I promise you’ll be hooked!
5. Life is an adventure! Everyday opens a new door for opportunity to try or experience something new. I believe that you should always take these opportunities as they lead to places of endless possibilities! I have had the wonderful opportunity to travel to places all around the globe. My favorite of those have been trips to the ocean, where I’ve had the chance to swim and scuba dive with dolphins. I can’t wait to see what adventures await in Australia and Costa Rica – places where I plan to travel in the near future.
6. I am fortunate to be living my dream as an elementary school teacher. I absolutely *LOVE* my job! Not many people can truly say that, but I take pride in the fact that I can. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others and I believe that this is a good way to do so. I’ve had so many teachers that have changed my life and have shaped who I am today. My hope is to do the same thing for my students.
7. I have the best family and friends in the entire world! Without them, I would not be the person that I am today. Thank you all for impacting my life in such a positive way! J
Last, but certainly not least, I would like to nominate another new blogger for this award. This is a blog that I have recently discovered and is brand new to the bloggy world:
Sue @ SOS Supply
Be sure to check out Sue’s amazing and inspiring blog! I’m always on the lookout for others… so if you’d like to share, leave a comment! J
In other news, Monday is my first day back to school (it seems late, but we didn’t get off until the 22nd)! I can’t believe how fast my break flew by, but I really am excited to get to see the kiddos again. I’ve missed them! I hope all my teacher friends out there had a great first week (or good luck to those of you who will be returning back next week like me). Enjoy your weekend!