Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  I was lucky enough to get a four-day weekend (due to a furlough day :-/), but my extra day off was well spent visiting the school where I did my student teaching.  I was able to eat lunch with my fabulous first grade team (we had Garbanzo – can you say yum!?!) and visit with my fantastic “firsties” (now second graders!).  It was amazing to see how much the kiddos had grown in just three months!  They were super surprised to see me and especially excited to hear that I got a teaching job working with 1st and 2nd graders.  J  It was great to see everyone and catch up.  I miss all of my friends there, but I’m glad to see that everyone is doing well!
After my little school visit, I had to run some errands and make a special trip to the DMV.  I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, but no matter what time of day you go to the DMV, it always takes at least an hour.  Ah!  After what seemed like forever, I spent a total of 2 minutes renewing my license plates (which I was later told I could’ve done online – I’ll definitely remember this the next time around) and carried on with my to-do list.  The next item on my list was to pick up some poster-board for my classroom.  Luckily, Super Target was right next to the DMV.  As I entered the store, I passed the $1 Spot, which happened to have a ton of teacher stuff left!  I went a little crazy buying everything in sight (well, almost – the Target by my school was out of all the things I needed).  So… here’s what I ended up with: brightly-colored compartmentalized tubs for organizing school supplies, strong magnets with hooks, a hall and office pass (unfortunately they were out of bathroom passes), colorful bulletin-board borders, dry-erase sentence strips, dice, blue ink pens ($.50), kid scissors (on clearance – 2 packs for $.98 each), composition notebooks (also on clearance - $.28 each), and an electric pencil sharpener (marked as $20, but on sale for $9.99).  Getting so caught up in these dollar-saving deals, I walked out of the store, completely forgetting what I needed.  Oh well – I guess the poster-board can wait!  I guess my entire point of sharing this with you is that if you need some last-minute teacher/classroom stuff, go shopping at Target, just don’t forget the poster-board.  Ha!
It’s a gloomy day outside, but my day was definitely made brighter by getting to see the kiddos and visiting with my teacher-friends!  And my teacher license arrived in the mail!  I’m officially official!!!!  J  Now it’s time to knuckle down and get some planning done for this week…  Happy day everyone!!!! 

~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment