Saturday, July 26, 2014

Gaining Perspective

This past year was one for the books.  It has been, quite literally, the most action-packed school year that I’ve experienced.  From the historic flooding to the consolidation of two great schools into one, I cannot think of a more emotional, yet hopeful school year.  Through all the changes, we remained a community- a family that formed even tighter bonds with one another.  We supported each other through the challenges, mourning the loss of what once was, but celebrating the future of what could be. 

Although I was given the opportunity to teach third grade again, I knew in my heart that I could not accept this position.  I don’t know how else to describe it, but I had a gut feeling that told me it was time for a change.  This has been one of the most difficult choices that I’ve had to make.  I’ve had so many great memories and formed so many deep friendships.  All the experiences I’ve had allowed me to view life from a new perspective.  Not only did they help shape the teacher I have become, but also the person I have become.  I am forever grateful. 

This summer, I packed up all of my belongings and moved to a different part of the state.  I’m beginning to settle in, however, I didn’t realize how difficult it would be to make the transition.  It is amazing being so deeply connected to something, yet feeling so disconnected all at the same time.  I guess it just makes me that much more appreciative of the people that have been a part of this journey.  No matter the distance between us, we will always be a family.  Always. 

Looking towards the future, I am hopeful.  I have been given the opportunity to form new friendships, as well as reconnect and strengthen old friendships.  This summer has been very active, but I am taking some time to slow down and soak it all in.  I am thrilled about the new school I will be working in, the awesome colleagues I will get to learn from and work alongside, and the students that will enter my classroom in a few short weeks.  I am embracing the change and am looking forward to a very bright future filled with endless possibilities!  

~Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new adventure. It sounds like you have the best outlook possible!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! I really appreciate your kind words! :-)

      Delete