Spring Break was exactly what I needed… a little bit of rest, some relaxation, and lots of sunshine! J I’m going back to work feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to go! Woohoo!!!! What a wonderful feeling it is!
To contribute to my overwhelming amount of joy, some amazing things happened to me over the past two weeks. Here are some of the highlights:
· My blog was awarded a Top 10 Blog! Woohoo! Thank you to Emmy over at Daydreams of a Student Teacher for nominating me for this award! If you haven’t read her blog, you seriously should. She is witty, innovative, and inspiring – what a great combo! J
· I found a stray dog wandering around our school parking lot when I left school. He was the cutest mini-schnauzer and was just having the greatest time sniffing and running around. I was loading my bags in my car when he came right up to me and attempted to jump in my car. He was looking quite parched and I didn’t want to leave him wandering the streets alone with so many busy intersections nearby, so I picked him up and let him ride in the passenger seat of my car. I gave him some water and turned the air-conditioning on full-blast. He enjoyed every minute of it! I, unfortunately, couldn’t keep him, so I took him to the Humane Society where they took him in with open arms and gave him lots of love while he waited for his family to pick him up. Isn’t he adorable?!?!
· I spent this past week in Florida where I met up with some of my family. I was able to spend some quality time with my dad, grandma, great aunt, great uncle, and second cousins. It was so great to see everyone and hear about all the exciting adventures taking place in their lives. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!
· For two days, I was able to enjoy the luxuries of Key West with my dad. I went on a bicycle ride around town (and took a small tumble – haha), watched 2 breathtakingly beautiful sunsets, ate entirely way too much key lime pie, and soaked up some rays on the beach.
· Knowing that Florida’s oceans are home to dolphins, I had my hopes up that I would get to see a dolphin on my trip. After spending two full days at the beach and a 3.5 hour boat ride to and from Key West, I was beginning to lose hope that I would get to witness these magical creatures in their natural habitat. However, on my very last day at the beach, I was lucky enough to witness 3 dolphins swimming less than 50 yards from shore! They were so close!!!! What an amazing sight to see!
· I gave my blog a much-needed makeover! I even designed a button! Now I can always feel like I’m near the ocean… J
· I made the realization that there are only 29 days left of school! SAY WHAT?!?!? I couldn’t believe it! This year has flown by at warp speed and will be over in the blink of an eye! Crazy! What an incredible journey this year has been!!!
· I received some news… some news that might make you jump right out of your seat… (drum roll please…)… Say hello to the newest 4th grade teacher for the 2012-2013 school year!!!! J Woohoo – I honestly couldn’t be more excited! My dream of having my very own classroom is becoming a reality! Hooray!!!! J
I am looking forward to this incredible opportunity. I have learned so much from my experience this year and continue to learn and grow every day! I can’t wait to see what lies ahead as I continue on this glorious journey!