Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes!

On Monday and Tuesday of this week, I was lucky enough to be selected as one of two people from my school to go to a state reading conference.   It was a wonderful experience, allowing me to learn ways to better improve my reading instruction through the use of explicit instruction and active engagement strategies.  I’m excited to try out some of the tips and tricks that I learned during those two days in my own classroom!
After having a four day weekend plus an extra two days away from school due to the conference, I was ready to get back to see the kiddos.  Having a sub tends to throw me off – it’s always a surprise to see what was accomplished, how well the students understood the things that were taught, etc.  For those two reasons, I was anxious to get back!  This morning I got up extra early so I could go into school, see how the past two days went, and prepare for the day ahead of me.  Hearing the wind and the snow tapping against my window, I opened my blinds and was in utter disbelief at what I saw – it had snowed a foot overnight (it was only supposed to snow 4 inches)!!!!    I quickly turned on the news and pulled up our district webpage – in bold red letters, across the top of the screen, flashed “Schools will be closed due to severe weather conditions and power outages in the area.”  And you know what that meant… SNOW DAY!!!!!!!  Only in Colorado!  J 
Here are a few pictures for you…
I took these on Friday – it was a beautiful weekend.  Between 70-80 degrees everyday!


I took these today – quite a change from the previous week.  A chilly 32 degrees!







 

I didn’t take this one (I wish I knew who did to give him/her proper credit), but it illustrates the weather conditions perfectly…  What a difference a day makes!!!!



Happy snowy day, everyone!
~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment